Entomology Research & Development Specialist II
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Entomology Research & Development Specialist II, are to:
- Design new bioassays to address specific technical questions relating to 2-3 research projects;
- Perform bioassay at a consistent throughput, with high quality and repeatability;
- Collect, collate, and analyze data. Estimated throughput is 3-4 bioassays per week;
- Interpret data and prepare specialized reports and presentations summarizing activities and making recommendations for next steps;
- Be responsible for lab equipment specific to research expertise, including maintenance;
- Adhere to all laboratory safety policies and practices as well as compliance;
- Participate in departmental activities, team meeting and team building etc.;
- Communicate effectively by listening, documentation, and presentation;
- Coordinate and cooperate on research activities with peers, supervisors and subordinates;
- Meet/interact with internal customer from different departments to support design bioassay design (using robust statistical techniques).
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- M.S. degree in entomology or other biological science with 0 years of experience; OR
- B.S. in entomology or other biological science with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Broad understanding of scientific principles;
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and execute experiments that address research questions;
- Proficiency with experimental design and scientific instrumentation;
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks/projects at the same time;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet programs, and LIMS-based data management systems;
- Ability to work as part of a
multi-disciplinary/multicultural research team.
- Previous industry experience or experience with microbial/biologicals.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: CA-West Sacramento
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5