Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Instrumentation Technician, are to:
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Perform equipment repairs for production, continuously maintain production equipment with objective to improve system performance and efficiency;
- Assist in determining root cause of failures and work with engineering to develop reliability resolutions;
- Support areas across the site in driving 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with labeling and ordering of tools;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards and drive teamwork;
- Demonstrate ability and working knowledge to conduct and complete electrical maintenance on company facilities, equipment, and process control devices across the site and field including preventative maintenance task;
- Maintain accurate records for equipment and facility maintenance performed;
- Repair, replace, or makes new installations to equipment as necessary to minimize down time of production;
- Report any issues to areas, Safety Technicians, and management as appropriate and in timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years of Industrial Electrical or Industrial Instrumentation experience or Vocational Schooling or Technical training in Industrial Electricity or Industrial Instrumentation or Applicable Military experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) or Distributed Control Systems (DCS);
- Must demonstrate ability understand and use the following: Test equipment, UPS systems, Variable Speed Drives, demonstrate an understanding of bonding and grounding, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, replace heat tracing;
- Demonstrate ability with PLC or DCS equipment and can identify equipment and trouble shoot;
- Ability to work indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions;
- Willingness to work in a variety of areas (shop, office, outside, in man lifts, scissors lifts, etc.) including frequent walking and standing;
- Position requires willingness to climb with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and fall protection equipment within the current ANSI duty rating;
- Position requires repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs;
- Ability to use of a Full-Face Respirator / Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, and Level-A Suit required for work with HHMs;
- Required work hours will mainly be days. Overtime hours including evening and weekend work required as needed to support the business needs.
- Pressure Sensor/Transmitter: Pneumatic Transmitters, Electronic Transmitter, DP devices experience;
- Level Sensors/Transmitters: Flange Mounted, Displacement, Bubble Type, Capacitance, Nuclear, Radar experience;
- Temperature Sensor/Transmitters: Thermocouple, Resistance, filled, Bi- Metal, Electronic Flow sensors/ Transmitters: DP, Magflow, Vortex, Rotameter, Coriolis/Flow/Density Analytical Sensors/Transmitters: PH/ORP, Titrators, O2 analyzer XCV/Control Valves: Valve linkage, Positioner setup, Prox Feedback devices, working knowledge of Smart Communicator experience.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_9]
Entry Level: 5