Electrical Engineer/Power Systems Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Engineering/Power Systems Intern, are to:
- Conduct Bi-Annual Inventory of site wide Electrical Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) & Live Line Tools;
- Research and contact local testing vendor for setting up a recertification program for expired PPE & tools;
- Research and establish a notification system for sending timely reminders to all applicable Electrical Qualified personnel to replace expired gloves;
- Participate in a Quarterly Electrical Safety training course;
- Perform Weekly Review of Electrical Documentation Management System (EDMS) Electrical Document Vault changes;
- Assist in drafting and revising job planning documentation templates to assist with Job Safety Analysis(JSA) development and Electrical work planning on site;
- Provide limited support in updating Electrical Documentation in AutoCAD.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in sophomore year or higher pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to deal professionally with internal customers of various organizational levels;
- Ability to work effectively within a departmental team and with members of the same or higher organizational levels;
- Good organization, documentation, prioritization and scheduling skills together with an overall desire to learn;
- Basic problem solving and project management abilities together with a professional image;
- Ability to work independently and multi-task;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office with beginner level proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Electrical Engineering program with a preferred focus in Power Systems;
- Some experience or knowledge with AutoCAD.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.