Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical and Engineering Technician, are to:
- Demonstrate ability and working knowledge to conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities, equipment, and process control devices across the plant and field including preventative maintenance tasks ;
- Maintain accurate records for all equipment and facility maintenance activities performed, leveraging internal IT systems (Maintenance Connection);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer’s Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Report any issues to areas, Safety technicians, and management as appropriate and in a timely manner;
- Perform any other tasks across functional areas depending on site and seasonal needs;
- Repairs, replaces, or makes new installations to equipment as necessary to minimize down time of production;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork;
- Troubleshoots, and repairs electrical systems, and acts as a resource regarding plant electrical and NFPA70E regulation standards;
- Assist in determining root cause of failure and work with engineering to develop reliability resolutions.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems);
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings such as Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, single line drawings, electrical schematics, and read and understand Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ability to work overtime, evening and weekend hours when needed;
- Ability to lift over 60 lbs.
This position is in a maintenance shop with frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions. The requirements for this position involve the willingness to work in a variety of areas (shop, office, outside, in man lifts, scissors lifts, etc.) including frequent walking and standing. Position requires willingness to climb with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and Qualification & Competencies: fall protection equipment within the current ANSI duty rating. Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs. Use of a Full-Face Respirator / Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, and Level-A Suit required for work with HHMs.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_1]
Entry Level: 5