Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Drafting/Design Coordinator are to:
- Manage drafting workload to maximize productivity by prioritizing and assigning work requests to drafting contractors through the SharePoint workflow process while monitoring key metrics;
- Facilitate completion of drafting documents (may include engineering flow diagrams, electrical schematics, connection diagrams, motor schematics, loop diagrams, electrical classification drawings, civil drawings, equipment arrangements, piping plans, piping isometrics) by personally completing drafting requests and by providing guidance to drafting contractors;
- Manage the tasks required to maintain fully staffed drafting contract resources, by a) interfacing with contract companies to post, interview, and select candidates, b) reviewing and approving contractor weekly time submittals, and c) soliciting assistance from Purchasing for external resources;
- Provide a reliable CADD system through maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading, while securing IT support as needed;
- Ensure standard work practices by a) assigning equipment numbers and managing the equipment number data base, b) maintaining standard use nomenclature & symbology, c) ensuring drawings from external engineering groups and vendors align with plant standards, and d) maintaining quality control and revision management;
- Provide drafting support to satisfy requirements in the plantwide;
- Excavation Permit procedure, by maintaining and reviewing underground drawings for excavation work;
- Achieve key business and project milestones by engaging with engineers and area personnel to understand project requirements, drawing needs, and final project documentation; train users on drafting systems and processes to meet the needs of their various plantwide roles;
- Achieve long term improvements through
strategic development of a) 3D technology implementation, b) the
approach for the MicroStation to Autodesk platform transition, and
c) implementation of improvements to
increase efficiency of drafting documentation delivery.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate Degree in Drafting / Design Technology or equivalent;
- 10 years drafting experience in a manufacturing process or industrial field.
- Excellent MicroStation and Autodesk operating skills and experience;
- Surveying and field verification technical knowledge;
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical practices and regulations related to design & layout;
- Previous manufacturing experience, particularly with process-related equipment;
- Knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations (i.e., NFPA, NEC, OSHA, ADA, ASME, etc.);
- Understanding and knowledge of CADD operations 3D operating skills and experience;
- Familiarity and experience with IT systems, software packages, and PC applications / file structures;
- Experience implementing drafting design workflow and quality control improvements.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5