Director Medical Devices eHealth Clinical
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The Director of Medical Devices and eHealth Clinical (Senior Medical Device & eHealth Clinician/ Scientist) is responsible for providing hands-on expert advice and delivering clinical input on all Medical Device and eHealth product development activities as a core team member, including shaping the clinical value propositions of planned product offerings;
- Additionally, the incumbent contributes to the development of state-of-the-art Electronic Data Capture approaches, including the use of medical devices, sensor technologies, and/or eHealth tools in clinical trials that involve clinical development projects;
- Provides consultative services for the development of a global clinical strategy involving Medical Devices and eHealth tools, including for NME Phase I-IV and for marketed products, with the aim of optimizing product value (e.g. new indications, new formulations, new populations of use, etc.);
- Contributes to Bayer Research & Development (R&D) portfolio management by providing expert input on Medical Device and eHealth opportunities, including the evaluation of licensing opportunities with regard to Medical Devices and eHealth solutions;
- Contributes to the ongoing analysis of the external landscape regarding Medical Devices, Electronic Data Capture, Human Factors Studies, and eHealth;
- Actively participates in relevant committees and meetings for innovation sourcing, establishing relevant linkages between collaboration projects and internal projects, and presents projects at relevant management meetings;
- Assists in exploiting Bayer assets maximally by actively seeking exchanges and cooperation with scientific departments within Bayer R&D, as well as within the larger medical device and computational communities at Bayer.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- University degree of M.D., or Ph.D., or both. Ph.D. should be in a natural science or scientific discipline (e.g., chemistry or biology or physics, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field is preferred). At least 5 years of experience with Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device development in industry positions. Clinical practice experience is appreciated.
Competencies & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the Pharmaceutical as well as Medical Device and eHealth clinical and regulatory environments, especially in the US and EU;
- Knowledge and experience in the fields of Electronic Data Capture(EDC), Human Factors Studies, and/or eHealth;
- Strong aptitude to set a vision for data capture, data analysis, and clinical data insights generation in the fields of Medical Device and Pharmaceutical development, approval, launch, improvement, and support;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills;
- Skillful in negotiating and exerting influence, especially without governing authority;
- Experience in the management of collaborations as well as in project management;
- International and intercultural experience and ability to work effectively in multicultural environments;
- Outstanding track record of working with and in teams;
- Excellent networking abilities with a high degree of credibility and integrity.
- Excellence in dealing with ambiguity;
- Strong strategic skills with good business acumen;
- Self-assured and comfortable defending positions with management;
- High customer focus;
- Ability to embrace change;
- Good emotional skills and personal insights;
- Fluent English skills, German a plus.
- International experience in Europe and North America is preferred.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: NJ-Cedar Knolls, NJ-Fairfield, NJ-Montville, NJ-Morristown, NJ-Parsippany, Residence Based, NJ-Wayne, NJ-Whippany, NJ-Paterson, NJ-Trenton, NJ-Cherry Hill, NJ-Egg Harbor Twp, NJ-Jersey City, NJ-Lakewood, NJ-Old Bridge