Deputy Director, Principal Statistician - Clinical Statistics Oncology'
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director, Principal Statistician - Clinical Statistics Oncology, are to:
- Take the statistical lead for a specific indications and/or compounds within oncology, assuming the role of project statistician for one or more oncology clinical development projects and ensuring appropriate development supporting the respective indication within the department;
- Provide statistical and methodological consultation on special statistical methodology or on complex statistical, scientific and regulatory issues and mentors other statisticians and/or statistical analysts;
- Facilitate the overall organization and coordination of statistical activities on the level of the indications in addition to the projects for which the incumbent is responsible, also ensuring appropriate prioritization within Medical Writing and Statistics Oncology organization;
- Assemble and lead cross-functional virtual teams;
- Influences decision making processes during oncology drug development by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches);
- Keep abreast of regulatory and methodological issues, anticipates new needs in the area of responsibility and ensures development of innovative solutions. Drives development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology. Coordinates work with academic expects on themes related to the field of responsibility;
- Drive the development and implementation of project, indication specific, and global standards;
- Represent the function with respect to statistical
aspects of oncology development programs and products to internal
and external stakeholders. These include regulatory agencies,
collaborations/business partners, KOLs, etc.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or related field;
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required;
- Excellent knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and R);
- Fluent English skills;
- At least eight years as a statistician with significant time spend in pharma, biotech or similar sector;
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and associated documents and regulations;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions;
- High level of expertise in multiple fields relevant for clinical development;
- High affinity to internal and external collaboration, including commitment towards external visibility.
This position can be located in either Whippany, NJ location or Boston/Cambridge, MA.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MA-Cambridge, NJ-Whippany
Functional Area: [sap_fa_28]
Entry Level: 5