Deputy Director Data Generation and Observational Studies Integrated Deliver Network
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Foster and maintain long term meaningful partnerships between Bayer and senior leadership and relevant, related population-health, real world evidence, and research -focused stakeholders among key, designated IDN-NHS accounts;
- Primary field-based DGOS (Data Generation and Observational Studies) lead for designated IDN-NHS accounts to exchange and disseminate Bayer in-line portfolio-wide value propositions as well as economic and clinical positioning relevant to IDN-NHS customer needs in both proactive and reactive environments;
- Demonstrate deep RWE (Real World Evidence) and clinical experience/knowledge to execute as Best in Class field-based Medical Affairs partner and serve as key internal Bayer lead to assist in development, execution, and management of DGOS strategy across the Bayer in-line and pipeline portfolio;
- Develop, maintain, and grow deep field-based US DGOS partnerships with key stakeholders within designated IDN-NHS accounts, including IDNNHS leadership across Formulary Committees, Specialty Pharmacies, Hospitals, Population Health Divisions, Clinical Specialties, and Research Departments;
- For developmental products/indications, educate and engage key stakeholders within designated IDN-NHS accounts on ongoing/planned scientific studies, publications, disease state, mechanism of action, burden of illness, prevalence, and other company approved information under US FDAMA 114/21st Century Cures Act Guidance to ensure optimized positioning of Bayer pipeline, and leverage such relationships to enhance US Bayer DGOS strategic and brand planning.
Driver of Results, Vision & Purpose:
- Assumes full ownership and accountability for Bayer’s successful DGOS field-based engagement and partnership with designated IDN-NHS accounts working in very close collaboration with designated Market Access colleagues assigned to these same accounts;
- Primary owner, facilitator, and executor of field-based RWE, clinical, and related scientific exchange for designed IDN-NHS accounts, cross-functionally aligned with US Market Access and US Medical Affairs stakeholders to ensure optimize value propositions and positioning of Bayer in-line and pipeline portfolio;
- Leads field-based internal US DGOS -designated IDN-NHS customer strategy development and execution in partnership with US Market Access cross-functional partners to enhance Bayer’s reputation as a preferred RWE partner and collaborator.
Strategic Mindset, planning, and aligning:
- Demonstrate and execute against near- and long-term healthcare market dynamics with respect to IDN-NHS decision-making, planning, and future objectives to enhance Bayer US DGOS strategic planning and
- portfolio optimization, cross-functionally aligned with US Market Access and related internal stakeholders;
- Thorough understanding of IDN-NHS landscape trends with respect to Quality and related-metrics, IDN-NHS consolidation and patient health impact, population health management and innovation, evolving real world research evaluations, and subsequently assess their impact and action ability with respect to the US Bayer portfolio;
- Engender field-based innovative US DGOS partnership opportunities to inform and augment RWE and related initiatives to enhance Bayer portfolio value propositions and positioning.
Creates and drives aggressive goals and success
- Enable flow of designated IDN-NHS customer insights as primary field-based US Medical Affairs lead to relevant US Market Access stakeholders, including specific channels focused on payers, pharmacy benefit managers, and related internal stakeholders;
- Lead resource management: Planning and allocating budget needs for field-based designated IDN-NHS account needs;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts and knowledge sharing initiatives across US DGOS field teams and internal leadership to emphasize and disseminate best practices;
- Serve as primary US DGOS field-based lead to enhance adjacent US Medical Affairs activities as well as other relevant stakeholders, including Clinical Development, regarding RWE-informed trial design, recruitment, and related activities, as well as innovation in digital/analytics and other partnerships.
Managing Complexity & Collaboration:
- Strong clinical acumen, real world evidence, and emotional intelligence with the ability to manage complexity across US DGOS, Market Access, and Medical Affairs domains with respect to designated IDN-NHS accounts and internal US DGOS strategy development and implementation;
- Ability to develop trustful and collaborative field-based partnerships fluidly and with agility among key IDN-NHS stakeholders;
- Ability to manage complexity reflective of evolving US and Global Bayer DGOS-RWE needs aligned with US Market Access and related stakeholders spanning multiple clinical domains as well as Align across each of US Bayer’s Therapeutic Areas within Medical Affairs, US Market Access, and overall US Bayer organizational objectives to ensure seamless One Bayer organizational success;
- Align with Legal and compliance on customer strategy to uphold company values;
- Ability to harmonize engagement tactics with internal colleagues across multiple Therapeutic Areas;
- Manage and continually enhances interactions with US Medical Affairs teams, brand teams, US Market Access channel teams, Clinical Development, and others in order to drive innovation through novel and best in class approaches.
Building Effective Teams:
- Contribute to best in class US DGOS RWE team and support the development of overall US DGOS organizational capacity with respect to designated IDN-NHS stakeholders and opportunities;
- Contribute to development and refinement of US DGOS strategic focus on designated IDN-NHS accounts with respect to overall US DGOS team, including real world research activities, Analytics, and Phase IV
- operations and opportunities.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD, Pharm.D. or related advanced healthcare degree required;
- Past experience working in a clinical field based role with a focus on IDN/IDN-NHS customers would be ideal but not mandatory;
- At least 5 years’ experience in real world research discussions in the Pharmaceutical industry complemented by clinical expertise and broad/deep experience in external organized customer-facing interactions across multiple therapeutic areas;
- 2 years ‘experience in managing project teams;
- Self-directed, ability to work independently, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and focused on innovation and organizational success;
- Sound understanding of needs of IDN-NHS and related external organized customers;
- Ability to think strategically and cross-functionally;
- Ability and confidence to develop real world assessment strategies in collaboration with key IDN-NHS customers;
- Execute sound business decisions that span the portfolio for Bayer of marketed and developmental compounds (where appropriate).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5