Deputy Director Contract Strategy and Analysis
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director Contract Strategy and Analysis, are to:
- Assist with the development of contracting analysis, strategies and tactics for specialty pharmacy, trade association, GPO, and Government customers, in alignment with brand access objectives and financial goals;
- Assist with coordination with Business Units, Account Executives, Brand Directors and Channel Marketing to define competitive priorities and inform contracting tactics for Bayer products within the specialty pharmacy, trade association, GPO, and Government environment.
- Compile and synthesize information from Account Management, Channel Strategy and other internal and external sources to support key assumptions;
- Prepare and present contract strategy recommendations to Market Access and Business Unit Leadership, Contracting and Pricing Subcommittee and the Executive Pricing Committee;
- Assist and partner with Contracting Director in the creation and evaluation of discounting strategies in support of Business Units and market access customers;
- Analysis ownership of and internal point of contact for key market access channel;
- Delegate workflow to meet all timelines for channel;
- Assist with reviewing request for proposals and contract redlines.
- Collaborate with Contract Generation/Analytics, Legal and Compliance to ensure accuracy of all proposals and contracts;
- Lead to support the compilation of customer contractual offerings in response to requests for bids across all market access channels;
- Coordinate with Contract Analytics to track and report specialty pharmacy, trade association, GPO, and Government contracting trends including rebates, admin fees, price protection, net prices, formulary positioning, etc.;
- Use data and financial analysis to evaluate historical contract performance and projected future performance based on variables and key assumptions;
- Maintain summaries of existing contracts for each
Bayer product to facilitate information sharing among key
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in U.S. Pharma/biotech/healthcare industry OR Masters’ degree with at least 8 years of experience in U.S. Pharma/biotech/healthcare industry;
- Solid understanding of the U.S. Healthcare environment;
- Experience building impact models and what-if scenarios developing and representing U.S. specific Pricing & Reimbursement (P&R) strategies;
- Demonstration of strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to Senior Management;
- Models collaboration across the organization;
- Facilitates an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders;
- Balances own interests with others’;
- Promotes high visibility of shared contributions to goals;
- Has an in-depth understanding of how businesses work and make money;
- Is the first to spot possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace;
- Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions;
- Sees the big picture, constantly imagines future scenarios, and creates strategies to sustain competitive advantage;
- Is a visionary and able to articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods;
- Anticipates Customer needs and provides services
that are beyond customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Business Administration, Science or Pharmacy, Accounting/ Finance;
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, financial analysis, contracting or pricing;
- Knowledge of all market access channels, government pricing impact, and regulatory requirements.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.