Data Platform Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Platform Engineer, are to:
- Please note - Role can be based in our St. Louis location OR remotely in the United States.
- As a Team Member and part of Bayer’s Data Platform team, design, develop, and support the Data Historian Platform (Data Lake);
- Extend and optimize the Data Historian platform. Future planned enhancement work includes development of a better monitoring console for the platform, improving the ingestion work flow into the system, and completing the data governance work flow;
- Create process improvement solutions, identifying opportunities to make systems more robust and stable;
- Conduct number of POCs to test new technologies that may be essential to ensure best solutions to our platform;
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge data technologies;
- Collaborate with teams of IT professionals to assist with setup and conduct demos when necessary;
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to support application developers;
- Provide training to application developers so they can most effectively and efficiently leverage the design system;
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Continued technical learning as the industry evolves at a rapid pace; therefore, skills need to be updated regularly.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 10+ years of related experience in the IT field;
- Experience with Lightbend tools like Scala, Play, Lagom, and/or Akka;
- Strong Kubernetes and/or Docker experience;
- Experience with Microservices architecture;
- Strong AWS experience;
- Experience with Vault authorizations;
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.);
- Understanding of Database fundamentals;
- Solid systems programming basics (disk, network, operating systems, etc.);
- Strong interpersonal communication capabilities working in a collaborative team environment.
- Data Lake and/or Spark experience.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, Residence Based, MO-Creve Coeur, MO-Saint Louis
Functional Area: [sap_fa_8]
Entry Level: 5