Corn Commercial Development Breeder
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Corn Commercial Development Breeder, are to:
- Corn Commercial Development Breeder (CDB) is a unique, exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about crop improvement to develop high-performing products and agricultural systems with a focus on yield, agronomics and disease tolerance, optimizing the interaction between germplasm, native and biotech traits and agronomic practices;
- Serves as an expert on the North America Research & Development corn pipeline and interacts cross functionally with multiple stakeholders to deliver a robust precommercial and commercial pipeline;
- Develop and manage R&D efforts focused on the late stage precommercial pipeline aligned with commercial product concepts for the western corn belt markets;
- Develop and execute strategy related to (commercial targets such as) Full Season Silage, Low productivity acres, Limited irrigation and High Plains adaptation;
- Collaborate and align product development strategy with Product Management, MD, Licensing business and Sales Organization in the area;
- Collaborate to integrate data science throughout the breeding process to enable a cognitive decision-making workflow and drive automation of downstream operations;
- Execute the existing breeding strategy and drive development and implementation of new breeding and phenotyping strategies, digital capabilities and advancement and deployment strategies;
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with enabling teams and the commercial organization to deliver a robust pipeline and ensure meaningful knowledge transfer during pipeline hand-offs.
- Based in Waco or Gothenburg, NE
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD with minimum of 4 years relevant experience, MS (Master's Degree) with minimum of 8 years relevant experience or a BS (Bachelor's Degree) with minimum of 10 years relevant experience or a PhD or Master in Agricultural Science, Genetics, Crop Science, or Product Management preferred;
- Strong background in plant breeding, quantitative genetics, experimental design, statistical analysis or engineering;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve common goals;
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing activities of cross functional teams without direct reporting relationships;
- Ability to lead and influence key stakeholders through challenges and opportunities; facilitates solutions;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously;
- Familiarity with data science and computer programming and a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large datasets is a plus;
- Experience with automated phenotyping/remote sensing and the interpretation of imaging data is a plus;
- Experience in coding software such as "R", "Python", etc is a plus;
- Must be able to travel 50% in the Fall (September - December) and 20% other times of the year.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: NE-Gothenburg, NE-Waco
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 3