Chemical Process Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Chemical Process Engineer, are to:
- Lead site optimization efforts to identify opportunities for improvements in plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Investigates plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Proposes designs and executes plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serves as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects – interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Creates, maintains, and develops standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedure, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&ID’s, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Develop process definition and assemble information required for project evaluation;
- Support detailed design package and equipment design development;
- Provide checkout and startup assistance for capital projects.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years of chemical process engineering experience;
- Experience in process design, including fluid flow, heat transfer, and plant operations.
- M.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering;
- Six-Sigma certification or experience;
- Process modelling experience.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5