Business Development Manager - Texas / Gulf Region
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Business Development Manager, are to:
- Lead implementation, execution and management of WHC contracts by strategically partnering with RBMs to understand and act on region needs and opportunities;
- Manage successful completion and renewal of existing contracts;
- Monitor contract performance and ensure completion of quarterly customer business review meetings (develop and distribute quarterly reports to RBMs);
- Manage account memberships including master data resolution;
- Conduct monthly contract status review meetings to proactively plan for renewals;
- Lead development of new contracting opportunities;
- Collaborate with RBMs to identify and assess potential account opportunities, ensuring alignment with WHC strategy and EPC guidelines;
- Prepare and lead Wednesday Workshop presentations for contract proposals and compliance reviews, ensuring all appropriate business partners are aligned and invited;
- Initiate contract request process and track through contract generation system;
- Accountable for leading contract negotiation process with customers in partnership with local market team;
- Establish appropriate customer relationships in key accounts to drive success and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships;
- Support strategic planning for large organized accounts (i.e. share insights on key customer interactions, influence mapping);
- Support implementation of pull-through initiatives that accelerate demand and contract performance;
- Identify and address region-training needs.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 7 years pharmaceutical and/or medical device sales experience required;
- Minimum of 2 years contracting experience; Seasoned negotiator with in-depth knowledge and experience in contract negotiations, strategy, understanding of contract terms and conditions, and relationship management skills;
- Strong knowledge of healthcare management, compliance, payer landscape, market and competitive landscape, commercial and government channels;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create and interpret financial models;
- Demonstrates solutions-oriented approach and ability to influence without authority;
- Proficient with all tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Tableau, Hubble;
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Master’s Degree;
- Management experience.
Domestic Relocation Assistance may be offered on this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Fort Worth, TX-Houston, TX-San Antonio, Residence Based