Biostatistics Scientist II
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biostatistics Scientist II, are to:
- Proactively identify, develop, and incorporate new algorithms and statistical tools to facilitate bioassay optimization in the lab and in the greenhouse;
- Support project and product development teams in the analysis of large environmental datasets and digital phenotyping to translate field trial data into practical knowledge;
- Build statistical, quantitative genetics, machine learning, and computing mathematics expertise on the team;
- Train research staff in experimental design, basic statistical concepts, and the use of relevant statistical tools;
- Build tools for bench scientists to use, expedite, and improve the quality of their research;
- Help to scout out new technologies for data scientists;
- Be able to communicate effectively through listening, documentation, and presentation, especially using compelling visualization tools to share analysis and interpretation of data.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with minimum of 3 years of relevant post-doctoral or industry experience; or Master’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience; or BS with minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Statistical Genetics, Applied Statistics, Quantitative Genetics/Biology or a related field;
- Expertise in statistical analysis software R is essential;
- Knowledge of biology;
- Conducts research and contributes to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets.
- Knowledge of plant breeding or plant genetics;
- Background in advanced statistical modeling methods (e.g. multivariate data analysis, artificial neural networks or comparable);
- Knowledge of other programming languages and operating systems (Unix, Python) as well as exposure to Bayesian statistics.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: CA-West Sacramento