Biostatistics Scientist I
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biostatistics Scientist I, are to:
- Proactively identify, develop, and incorporate experimental design and bio statistical tools to facilitate bioassay optimization in the lab and in the greenhouse;
- Support bench scientist teams in the analysis of large datasets by integrating different data types into statistical frameworks;
- Train research staff in experimental design, basic statistical concepts, and the use of relevant statistical tools;
- Must keep abreast of new statistical techniques, including technological developments in machine learning. Liaise with external experts and opinion leaders on these topics;
- Develop, test, and document novel statistical analysis tools;
- Be able to work with Data Engineers to translate statistical analyses and experimental designs into standardized pipelines;
- Be able to communicate effectively through
listening, documentation, and presentation, especially using
compelling visualization tools to share analysis and interpretation
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with no additional experience; or Master's degree with 2 years of relevant experience; or a BS with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Statistics, Ecology, Evolutionary Genetics, Plant Genetics/Biology, Quantitative Genetics/biology or related field;
- Expertise in statistical analysis software R is essential.
- Knowledge of plant biology;
- Background in advanced statistical modeling methods (e.g. multivariate data analysis, artificial neural networks or comparable;
- Knowledge of other programming languages and operating systems (UNIX, Python).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: CA-West Sacramento