Bayer Animal Health Utilities Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Utilities Engineer are to:
- Provide direct supervision and oversight to daily utilities operations on site;
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various projects, initiatives and deviation investigations for Utilities;
- Provide advanced trouble shooting and diagnostic skills to resolve utilities problems that are hindering plant performance.;
- Develop and effectively executes training for Utility technicians and other supporting roles;
- Create, maintain, and develop 5-year Utilities footprint to address current and future business needs;
- Manage multiple projects while supporting daily routine Utilities issues supporting all three shifts.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor degree with four years’ related experience in Electrical, Mechanical, ICA- (Instrumentation, Control, Automation) Engineering or related fields;
- Correctly analyze problems; think independently and develop imaginative and unique solutions to problems. Deal effectively with changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations. Understand the requirements of the job and apply knowledge. Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding; consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results, persist despite opposition and obstacles. Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner, use active listening skills; be able to guide and train teams in local and global projects;
- Sound knowledge of Engineering tools and software – Siemens Building Automation System, InTouch, AutoCAD, and SQL.
- Master degree with two years’ related experience in Electrical, Mechanical, ICA- (Instrumentation, Control, Automation) Engineering or related fields;
- Experience in Utilities/Plant Engineering in a manufacturing environment; broad technical background; excellent knowledge of Utility systems and architectures in order to effectively analyze, recommend and make decisions; knowledge in internal guidelines;
- Pharmaceutical background, Operational Excellence certifications, PE/PMP license;
- Recent experience/qualifications related to the
- Equipment (Cooling towers, Boilers, Chillers, Compressors, Heat Exchangers, Piping, Valves, Sensors, Air Handling Units, Motors, Pumps, Blowers, Solenoids);
- Utility footprint design for a multi-technology Pharmaceutical/Animal Health site.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission