Bayer Animal Health Senior Plant Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Animal Health Senior Plant Engineer are:
- Owns and drives technical systems as the TSO (Technical System Owner) within responsible areas for availability, cost effectiveness, safety and ergonomics;
- Leads and executes projects from inception to project completion in support of company objectives insuring compliance with safety and quality, schedule and cost adherence and close stakeholder management;
- Ensures up to date engineering documentation for asset base under responsibility (e.g. equipment drawings, P&IDs, SOPs, Trainings and Specifications);
- Drives innovation from a technology perspective aimed at managing asset obsolescence, reducing costs, improving safety/ergonomics and building quality/compliance through design;
- Interfaces with a number of Shawnee PS, R&D, external companies and HQ (Head Quarter) team members on a routine basis, requiring strong interpersonal and team skills, coordinating information across the project team to facilitate project execution;
- Ensures that technically sound
practices/standards are followed that abide with applicable
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our corporate values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical) or science based degree with six years of experience in industrial operations in similar role, obtained either post-graduation and/or through applicable intern/project participation required, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry. Candidates without completed degree may be considered if they possess a combination of academic achievement and ten years of directly related experience in the areas listed above;
- General understanding of Pharmaceutical operations and understanding of FDA regulations required;
- Specialized or Technical
Knowledge Licenses, Certifications
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry (human or animal health) required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Computer expertise in MS Office, Project, Excel, AutoCAD
- Excellent technical and conceptual skills.
- Functional Knowledge: Ability to read and understand line drawings and schematics. Ability to communicate technical/process applications in the form of SOP and/or protocol development.
- Excellence in Execution: Ensures best in class performance and continuous improvement in all areas. Inspires others to achieve outstanding results. Demonstrates resourcefulness and initiative and creates an appropriate level of urgency to meet objectives and deadlines. Effectively utilizes and prioritizes all resources and technologies required to get the job done. Introduces incremental improvements to enhance business performance.
- Establishes long-term relationships with partners based on integrity and trust. Actively seeks and includes feedback and perspectives from peers at every level in thinking and approach.
- Cause and Effect Thinking: Actively examines information, drawing insight and understanding, to make informed decisions. Has a clear and broad understanding of the company vision and its main business activities. Gathers and assesses relevant information, using abstract ideas to interpret it effectively. Thinks open-mindedly, seeks alternatives and considers implications and practical consequences;
- Change Management: Leads integrated changes to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Inspires and energizes others to embrace new ways of doing things. Demonstrates a willingness to take appropriate risks. Engages others, internally and externally, by making the case for change and explaining their role within the change.
- Team Work: The ability to positively contribute in a high performing team. Manages the team to achieve organizational goals. Provides employees with performance objectives, clear directions and ongoing relevant and comprehensive feedback;
- Professional Expertise: Demonstrates a particular and specific knowledge that significantly contributes to the unit. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the profession. Proactively shares knowledge with others. Considered as a professional authority within the area of responsibilities;
- Collaboration and Influencing:
The ability to influence in increasingly complex situations, to
integrate diverse inputs and to develop effective working
relationships to positively impact business performance. Recognizes
and works across local lines of differences. Builds relationships,
foregoing personal objectives for the benefit of the
- Masters’ degree in Engineering or Science preferred with five years maintenance or engineering experience, as well as application of Lean, Six Sigma, or other Operational Excellence initiatives preferred.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5