Bayer Animal Health Process Control Technology Engineer I
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Process Control Technology Engineer I are:
- Ensures the operability, reliability, and integrity of the assigned assets through continuous monitoring and improvement;
- Responsible for assets include: standalone and networked PLC’s and their associated I/O, VFD’s, SCADA system, virtual servers and their supporting environment, network infrastructure, and site electrical systems;
- Plans, executes, and monitors basic budget (Responsible and Accountable) investments (routinely not to exceed 100k USD) through good collaboration with internal and external stakeholders/service providers to maintain and improve the control systems used to support all site production activities;
- Identifies and evaluates deficiencies and bottlenecks and develops technical concepts for their resolution related to the integration of various control systems into the overall SCADA system;
- Conducts troubleshooting of asset and process control problems from equipment level instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, physical and virtual servers, various networks, and monitoring systems.
- Observes technical rules and regulations related to NEC and NFPA, and implements technical good practices. Has up-to-date knowledge of Bayer Group- and subgroup best practices and implements them in the Bayer Animal Health plant as related to electrical supplies and control systems;
- Keeps and updates the technical documentation and records. Creates, maintains, and develops standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, Process and Instrumentation Diagram, operating data collection and retrieval);
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements knowledge and good practice transfer between the plant engineers. Provides control system support and training to engineers and production personnel.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in basic engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering);
- Core Competencies: Correctly analyze problems; think independently and develop imaginative and unique solutions to problems; deal effectively with changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations; understand the requirements of the job and apply knowledge; evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding; consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results, persist despite opposition and obstacles; express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner, use active listening skills; be able to guide and train teams in local and global projects;
- Basic knowledge of Engineering tools and software – e.g. AutoCAD;
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, SCADA, networking, and equipment instrumentation;
- Ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings, Process and Instrumentation Diagram, ladder logic, and schematics. Ability to communicate technical/process applications in the form of Standard Operating Procedures and/or protocol development.
- Related Experience: Internship/project exposure to process industry (Chemicals, Food, Pharmaceuticals, and Animal Health.)
- Software: VMware, AB 500, AB 5000, Wonderware Intouch, Wonderware System Platform, Drivetools, Windows Server, and thinmanager.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission