Bayer Animal Health Clinical and Pre-Clinical Development Associate Research Scientist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Clinical and Pre-Clinical Development Associate Research Scientist are to:
- Generate and manage the development plans for each new proposed project including, but not limited to, determination of required studies; contract research laboratory/organization selection; protocol development; study monitoring; data analysis, reporting, and submission as appropriate under current federal regulations and company policies;
- Collaborate on global, cross-functional project teams during product development and maintenance and through continuous improvement processes;
- Identify and characterize problems with proposal and implement solutions;
- Participate in non-Research and Development activities including Quality Assurance/Regulatory compliance and revise or create new Standard Operating Procedures;
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education courses to keep abreast of professional publications and the newest developments in the animal health industry and veterinary profession. Dissemination of critical information among colleagues including use of such information as appropriate to make timely and appropriate recommendations within study and documentation processes/procedures;
- The Clinical Development / Pre-Clinical Development Associate Research Scientist will interact with many individuals in different functional areas within and outside of the company. He/she must be able to work effectively with individuals for which he/she has no direct authority, but whose cooperation is essential to achieve expected results or to whom he/she must convey complex scientific messages. The incumbent must be able to interpret, organize and present the results of research studies with clarity and understanding for each particular audience.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- DVM or PhD in an animal health related field with at least five years’ of experience in product development or related industry experience. An Masters or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience in product development (or closely related pharmaceutical experience);
- The incumbent must possess the ability to organize and manage a variety of projects at any one time demonstrating strict attention to detail;
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs is also necessary.
- The incumbent should be comfortable working within a matrix environment. He/she should be self-motivated and able to work and learn with supervision;
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills are required;
- Further, the incumbent must possess a foundation in relevant experiences and/or academic knowledge to be able to consistently demonstrate a capable level in the competencies of Drives Results, Plans and Aligns, Instills Trust, Collaborates and Customer Focus;
- The incumbent must demonstrate leadership by showing courage to build effective teams to cultivate innovation that achieves team objectives.
Current knowledge of all pertinent guidelines and federal regulations (e.g., Good Clinical Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, International Cooperation on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Veterinary Medicinal Products;) under which products are evaluated preferred;
- Candidates with experience in Target Animal Safety (TAS) and pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) modeling and evaluation including the use of the application Phoenix® WinNonlin are encouraged to apply.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission