Bayer Animal Health Bioprocess Development Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health, Bioprocess Development Intern, are to:
- Participate in the development of processes for recombinant protein expression in bioreactors;
- Participate in process development and optimization for downstream purification of recombinant proteins;
Who you are
- Design experiments, write protocols, execute experiments and report data, in compliance with company standards.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD or Postdoctoral scholar in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, chemical engineering or related areas, or Bachelor of Science with exceptional credentials/experience;
- Hands-on experience working with bacterial fermentation in bioreactors;
- Demonstrated experience in recombinant protein expression and purification;
- Demonstrated experience in analytical methods for protein biochemistry: spectrophotometry, particle sizing, ELISA, electrophoresis, blotting, protein quantification;
- Strong organizational skills, capable of executing tasks independently in a laboratory setting, delivering results with high quality standards;
- Detail oriented with ability to analyze scientific data accurately and reliably;
- Good written and verbal data presentation skills and the ability to use software tools to produce high impact presentations of data;
- Strong team skills. Ability to work with other employees in a positive and constructive way.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission