Automation and Systems Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation and Systems Engineer, are to:
- Lead automation/control engineering and design for Bayer Vegetables Headquarters;
- Ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission smaller scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites;
- Lead and drive PLC, HMI programming and IT management efforts;
- Installation, calibration, and/or maintain PLC, HMI, GPS systems and other field equipment;
- Assist in the growth and design of company standard core logic, standard HMI logic, and IT process control network;
- Monitor/trend, identify, and develop solutions to control system issues (consistency, standardization, on stream time;
- Learn critical process equipment to resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Assist in training and mentoring site Automation Technicians, and other operations personnel;
- Self-manage multiple priorities, across multiple organizations and multi-task effectively;
- Be effective at establishing strong working
relationships and building networks.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Control System Engineering, or equivalent degree;
- 5+ years’ experience in a related automation field OR min 10+ years’ experience in control system design, configuration, and maintenance;
- Knowledgeable in computing systems, control system hardware including instrumentation PLC, HMI equipment and/or GPS coordinate and IT systems;
- Demonstration of strong technical, teamwork, problem solving, and communication skills.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 3