Automation Engineering Intern (UIUC Innovation Center)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation Engineer Intern, are to:
- Closely collaborate with team members (onsite and remote).
- Design, implementation, and/or testing of devices including, but not limited to controllers, programming, UAVs, circuits, etc.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on equipment.
- Safety improvements to utilized machinery.
- Maintain awareness of potential hazards and comply with safety rules and regulations while working in a fast-paced environment with automation.
- Internship opportunities for this assignment include Spring/Summer of 2020.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at the University of Illinois of Urbana-Champaign
- Pursuing a B.S. degree or higher in an Engineering or related field of study
- Strong computer skills, especially related to design and data analysis
- Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation
- SolidWorks experience
- CAD design experience
- Experience or familiarity with reliability and maintenance concepts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner, contribute ideas, and seek resolution to issues that may arise
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions
- Willing to work "hands on" with machinery
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester; able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer.
- Experience or familiarity with controls and automation
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 1