Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Epidemiologist, are to:
- Support the implementation of a wide range of observational research activities to support all stages of drug development;
- Support epidemiological perspectives, expertise, and recommendations in identification and design of epidemiological observational studies and risk management initiatives;
- Assist building and maintaining professional collaboration with external academic and research groups/data sources;
- Assess external data sources (health care databases, patient registries, others) for their utility in addressing scientific questions in observational research;
- Provide support to the critical review of relevant published medical and epidemiological literature and, when needed, utilizing databases directly to answer queries in a timely manner and contributing to scientific publications and presentations on epidemiological observational research activities and studies;
- Present epidemiologic perspectives and providing recommendations, project plans, risk assessments and RMP need, etc. and presenting results in professional and company interactions for specific projects and marketed products;
- Supporting the development and update of SOPs and Working Procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
Who you are
- A Life Science/Medical degree with a post-graduate qualification in Epidemiology (MSc, MPH or PhD) or a Life Science degree with a PhD in Epidemiology;
- Epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology experience of 1-2 years, ideally with some level of exposure to industry, a regulatory agency (e.g., EMA or FDA) or a public health/academic institution;
- Understanding of the drug development process and life cycle Management;
- Demonstrable ability to support the design, direct and complete epidemiological observational research projects is required;
- Analytical skills and ability to apply statistical and epidemiological methodology in research projects;
- Background in studying chronic diseases and special interest in utilizing database technology in the area of epidemiology is an advantage;
- Strong oral and written skills, including presentations and publications in English and local language;
- SAS, medical databases, Excel and other computer skills;
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively within a team of scientists is essential.Associate Epidemiologist.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.