Associate Director Learning & Development - Oncology
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Learning & Development - Oncology, are to:
- Develop and deploy franchise product training with strong facilitation and platform skills through various mediums including (but not limited to) live classroom training, workshops, virtual sessions, sales meetings, and teleconference while utilizing a learning environment enriched with adult learning principles to enable optimal learning retention and application;
- Complete timely updates to course materials, acting as a subject matter expert (SME), to reflect not only changes in the franchise and selling environments, but to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and business conduct standards.
- Partner with Deputy Director (DD), franchise L&D colleagues, and Sales/Marketing leadership to develop comprehensive on-boarding and advanced learning curricula through the use of state-of-the-art tools including technology and materials to meet franchise training and stakeholder needs; including but not limited to – new product launch materials, new hire materials, leader guides, and train the trainer materials;
- Work with the DD to complete timely training needs assessment activities, proposing and developing solutions to fill current and potential future learning and development gaps including but not limited to – soft skills, hard skills, and competitive selling;
- Willingness to collaborate cross functionally with other ADs and SMEs within and beyond the L&D department to support a One Bayer mindset;
- Provide timely updates and actionable evaluations and feedback to trainees, their superior, and any additional appropriate clients and stakeholders;
- Manage projects and resources ensuring vendors meet timelines and develop appropriate, effective, and compliant materials and resources;
- Stay abreast of training and development best practices and current trends in pharmaceutical, device, and bioscience industries, utilizing current advances in technology. Have a comprehensive understanding of the latest clinical information to optimize the delivery and relevance of training materials and programs.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5 years of successful pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience or experience in a training organization;
- Experience working in oncology (training, sales and/or marketing)
- Excellent facilitation, platform, and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet short deadlines, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams and franchise stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate seamlessly with all levels;
- Strong project management experience and ability to prioritize effectively;
- Strong vendor management and negotiation, along with the capability to partner with procurement;
- Self-directed in ambiguous situations;
- Strong decision making skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%; This position is located in the Bayer headquarters, Whippany, NJ.
- Brand Experience.
Domestic Relocation Assistance offered on this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_13]
Entry Level: 5