Associate Director Expression Technolgy
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Expression Technology, are to:
- Oversee and manage cell line development and molecular
service activities in the Biologics Development group in Berkeley
- Oversee and manage high throughput automation
- Interface with cell culture development scientists and
functions, in both Berkeley and Wuppertal, to effectively progress Bayer pipeline projects
- Proactively seek applied innovation opportunities for
Technology to position Bayer biotech to the leading position in our industry
- Provide leadership in cell and gene therapy field that require Expression Technology expertise.
- Provide effective leadership including: selecting key
and motivating members of the functional area; assisting with
Performance Calibration/Talent Pool Management; individual goal setting/performance reviews; managing the development of employees, training and development; supporting managers in team activities and Transition Workshops; supporting workforce diversity, quality and safety and supporting supervisors/managers in individual/department/business objectives.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with at least 12 years of experience in molecular/cell biology, biochemical engineering or related fields OR MS with at least 16 years of experience in molecular/cell biology,biochemical engineering or related fields
- Demonstrated cell line development experience in the
- Cell culture process development experience is highly favorable
- Experience with modern cell line development workflow
- Experience with high-throughput and automation for molecular biology
- Previous experience supervising employees in a scientific setting
- Up-to-date knowledge with modern techniques for genetic characterization
- Proven record of creativity, initiative, analytical and conceptual thinking
- Specialist with an intra- and inter-departmental reputation
- Emerging external reputation
- Experienced in leading a project team and demonstrated success with significant contributions to major milestones of project by applying a broad range of scientific/technical principles
- Demonstrated success for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Demonstrated ability to present ongoing scientific/technical work at internal/departmental seminars
- Has contributed to patent applications or proprietary technologies, when possible.
- Ability to build relationships through inter-organization collaborations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing of scientific and technical reports and presentations
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in high-throughput technologies in molecular biology
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5