Associate Director Business Strategy Incentive
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Business Strategy Incentive, are to:
- Responsible design, communication, and execution of US Pharma incentive programs, which includes financial and MBO based programs, corporate retention Planning, Performance Enhancement Programs in partnership with Senior Manager, Sales Incentive Strategy and Effectiveness to ensure on-going alignment of incentive measures outcomes with corporate sales and marketing objectives;
- Leads Incentive Planning project teams for US Pharma and facilitates discussions between VP/GM, Senior Sales and Marketing Management in aligning incentive strategy with Sales and Marketing Strategies e.g., customer segmentation, territory alignment, specialty pharmacy, mail-order impact and prioritization, pull-through, formulary access, reimbursement, discount pricing e.g., 340B and assessment of off-label sales ensuring alignment with compliance;
- Maintain ongoing responsibility of updating databases and maintenance of incentive compensation technology e.g, Javelin Incentive Manager, Javelin Communication Manager, Javelin Quota Designer, Roster and makes recommendations to the Senior Manager, Sales Incentive Strategy and Effectiveness on enhancements through development of metrics to measure the company's performance by designing and deploying dashboards and other tools to better align the technology with US Pharma incentive plans needs and applied to other business units;
- Management and oversight of all budgetary items related to US Pharma incentive plans, and related contests. Responsible for monitoring incentive budget to actual for financial activities on a monthly / quarterly basis. Reports incentive budget forecast to expense to Senior Manager, Sales Incentive Strategy and Effectiveness and controlling with appropriate recommendations;
- Manages the development of the Quarterly Incentive Performance Analysis to gauge the incentive plan outcomes to goals. Presents publishes the Incentive Performance Analysis on time to Senior Manager, Sales Incentive Strategy and Effectiveness, Sales and Marketing Senior Management e.g., Division VP/GMs, SVP, CAO BHC & BPA BSP, National Sales Directors, and Field Sales Directors;
- Manages the production, analysis, and publication of Monthly Incentive Reports, Sales Contest Reports, Pinnacle and President’s Circle Reports, Payouts, and Annual Incentive Survey. Manages and facilitates monthly analysis and all field communication on sales force performance at all levels (as it relates to incentive Planning) to maximize corporate sales outcomes;
- Assist the Senior Manager, Sales Incentive Strategy and Effectiveness in the development of the all sales contest, which includes modeling, rules, budget development, and development of supporting systems for Sales and Marketing contests;
- Effectively manages external vendor staff and resources required to maintain the Incentive Compensation System - Javelin Incentive Manager. Responsible for development of all statements of work ensuring requirements are captured, fees are reasonable and within budget, and the project is completed on schedule;
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, Human Resources to ensure compliance with Bayer policies. The lead for US 3rd party Co-Promotion alliance for incentive strategy.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years overall business experience; OR MBA/MS with 6 years experience;
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of field sales and business application;
- Understanding of prescriber and account based selling models;
- Proficient with incentive compensation technology, Access, and Excel.
- 5 years of pharmaceutical experience and 2 years of incentive compensation experience;
- Proficient with Javelin Incentive Manager, Javelin Quota Designer, Access, and Excel.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_13]
Entry Level: 5