Assistant Manager, Digital Analytics & Platforms
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer is seeking a leader in omni-channel digital measurement excellence, who understands digital data architecture, contributes to strategic testing frameworks, and oversees the tactical execution of all measurement solutions. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to increase the company’s sales and profitability via improved digital performance.
A successful candidate will maintain and improve the standardization of digital marketing reporting and visualizations across the division, With the ability to map performance to insight to action showing brands which aspects of their digital marketing portfolio warrant increased budget with full context as to how & why.
Bayer is progressing through digital transformation. There are multiple areas of digital marketing expertise within the existing Center of Excellence (CoE) and our expected growth requires Bayer to identify and recruit highly functional digital-first marketers with core of expertise around complex digital measurement strategy and Data science principles to complement the existing team.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Assistant Manager, Digital Analytics and Platforms, are to:
- Build and maintain connections between all data and reporting platforms;
- Collaborate with the internal digital team to document a data schema and taxonomy that works to organize and structure Bayer digital media data;
- Develop systems and/or processes to manage schema & taxonomy in a way that scales learnings from smaller data samples into larger data sets;
- Provide thought leadership related to new advances in digital marketing and measurement and how they can improve or support existing, manual or semi-automated processes with the infusion of technology. This includes the ability to write concise POV’s that can be circulated to multiple levels or internal stakeholders;
- Display expertise in the structuring and management of vast datasets and possess expertise related to database mining via code-based queries such as SQL or Python. This requirement is core to the role and will support the ongoing advancements of Bayer’s digital capabilities by being able to operate any new data storage technology;
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the Bayer measurement framework and engagement model for the ability to benchmark performance and provide context around channel performance;
- Reduce risk and ensure compliance of the BCC brand’s digital assets by managing the development and maintenance of key compliance documents, SOPs and guidelines required to guide the division;
- Contribute to the determination if an update is required after FDA or FTC industry guidance documents are issued by leading a review of the current guidelines. Also, manage updates consumer brand website LMR reviews best practices and monitors portfolio of websites to ensure sites are officially approved for use;
- Serve as the steward of the Bayer integrated reporting platform and collaborate with brands, Agency partners and other internal stakeholders as it relates to the Bayer KPI Framework, measurement methodology and reporting strategy;
- Manage and contribute to shape and evolve the division’s digital agency/supplier platform through an understanding of the consumer and brand’s needs;
- Manage and contribute to shape aspects of identifying, reviewing and contracting new measurement partners and suppliers to further evolve the practice.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years in Marketing activation (Digital Marketing, Media, Advertising) preferably in consumer packaged goods;
- Of those 6+ years:
- 4+ years dedicated digital marketing experience including search and analytics;
- 3+ years in Website and Asset Management;
- 5-7 years of experience in a business intelligence, marketing analytics or data science role;
- Understanding of marketing clouds and digital data technologies (DMPs, Google 360 Suite, digital pixel tracking, site tagging, etc.);
- Understanding of the technology associated with creating and maintaining a single ID view of the consumer;
- Experience with mixed media modeling and digital attribution technology such as Google, DoubleClick, IRI, Convertro or Visual IQ;
- Proven ability to develop operational plans to support enterprise and brand level strategy development;
- Prior experience in setting direction and managing strategy/creative agencies, technical suppliers, and providers of analytic services;
- Strong verbal and written communication and the ability to communicate highly complex ideas in a simple effective manner;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence change;
- Thorough knowledge of digital strategy development, digital strategies, channels and measurement/analytics.
- Master’s Degree;
- A certification in Google Analytics is preferred or other Web Analytics platform (Adobe);
- Experience in healthcare marketing;
- 1+ years in Consumer Relationship Marketing;
- Agency / Marketing / IT background.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.