Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Assembler ll, are to:
- Handle advanced mechanical assembly, including integrating all circuit boards, wiring harness, units and mechanical assemblies as necessary, utilizing appropriate tooling equipment in an FDA regulated industry in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), good manufacturing practices (GMP), traceability and material review board (MRB);
- Possess the ability to work independently with little direction on day-to-day decisions and work direction;
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all automated testing techniques and requirements;
- Establish communication skills with the ability to utilize applicable terminology, interpersonal skills to interact professionally and constructive with the lead, supervisor and coworkers to enhance teamwork and to foster positive working relationships;
- Support production or quality control inspections in the Manufacturing Areas;
- Work with production supervisor and/or engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggest improvements;
- Demonstrate the appropriate attention to detail and understanding of continuous improvement/lean initiatives;
- Support Group Lead/Process Coordinator with training needs;
- Provide guidance to new trainees and assemblers on complicated aspects of the assembly work;
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, labor and special products;
- Manage data collection.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- One year experience in manufacturing or an assembly environment;
- Multi-faceted mechanical assembly or inspection skills;
- Understanding of BAYER’s quality systems policies;
- Ability to perform technical writing;
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing situations;
- Proven sound judgment, continuous improvement, and customer focus;
- Demonstrated adaptability and teamwork skills;
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and visual work instructions.
- Associate's Degree;
- Medical Device assembly experience;
- Experience in an FDA regulated industry.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: PA-Pittsburgh Heilman
Functional Area: [sap_fa_1]
Entry Level: 3