Analyst III Radiology Contract Administration
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Analyst III Radiology Contract Administration, are to:
- Process high volume of rebate payments, typically within tight and defined timeframes. Analyze, document, validate and process claims, avoiding late payments and identifying and properly disputing claim and invoice errors;
- Cultivates, develops and maintains productive and valuable working relationships with partners in contract strategy, Sales/Market Access, IT support, finance, Legal and other key stakeholders;
- Provide subject expertise and operational support to validate & approve contract updates for various types of contracts;
- Provide insight with in-depth analytics and reporting to internal and external parties. Provide evidence of compliance for internal and external audit. Generate payment documentation for internal processing and customer/provider reconciliation. Provide ad hoc reporting to internal and external parties;
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained on transactions & contracts. Conduct proper review for Contracts Compliance, consistent with Bayer Internal Control Standards (ICS) and external compliance, Legal and Audit Requirements;
- Responsible for negotiating dispute resolutions with customers and 3rd Party Service Providers;
- Responsible for identifying and assisting with system updates regarding contracts, and assisting with review, documentation and formalization of Commercial Policies and Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs);
- Assists Finance and Controlling by providing input, feedback and intelligence to help ensure quarterly Rebate accruals are accurate;
- Partner with Commercial Contracts to understand current contracting activities;
- Support the Radiology Customer Service Teams and ensure all Pricing and Contracts work as expected;
- Writes or drafts correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials to internal and external customers;
- Key liaison between 3rd Party Service Provider for Contrast and ensure all indirect contracts are administered and delivered to customer as expected.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of customer service experience, preferably within Top Tier US Healthcare Company;
- Outstanding attention to detail and adaptability to deliver world class results across a complex network of partners, providers and stakeholders;
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are required, along with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must be able to present complex information clearly and with confidence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of effectively interfacing with all levels in the company and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and specific knowledge and experience within contracting for the US healthcare industry and managed healthcare in US.
- Prior experience in Vistex, Model N or other contract administration tool supporting rebates in US Healthcare industry;
- Experience with SAP.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_33]
Entry Level: 5