Analyst II Sample Handling
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Analyst II Sample Handling, are to:
- Verifies the integrity of incoming samples along with complete and accurate documentation.
- Initiates LIMS records for each sample.
- Maintains sample table and other sample-related accountability records, issuing and accounting for all labels and test documentation associated with each sample.
- Leads and/or participates in conducting, resolving, and documenting all investigations of sample document errors and discrepancies.
- Leads interactions with Operations and QC laboratory supervisors to correct deficiencies and facilitate delivery of samples for testing.
- Maintains sample storage conditions prior to and during delivery to labs.
- Performs glass washing operations in ESE labs.
- Reviews relevant customer documentation revision initiatives and prepares Sample Management revision redlines to assist process improvement change management. Provides guidance to other Sample Management personnel.
- Drafts/Reviews and manages all change control aspects for relevant SOP's and other processing documentation.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in biology or chemistry, or other relevant field, and 4+ years' sample management, biology or chemistry laboratory experience in a GMP environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn new skills rapidly; particularly computerized laboratory inventory management systems.
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Ability to follow instructions and SOPs precisely to ensure quality product.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices and sound judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs.
- Must be ableto respond to emergency calls as needed and work weekends and/or extended hours as required.
- A valid California Driver's License and ability/willingness to drive, may be required, for inter-site sample transportation.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_20]
Entry Level: 3