Reputation & Impact
Bayer is an international science-based company that is inspired to impact the future and improve the way people live in our world. As a global corporate citizen, we make every effort to contribute to society with innovations that improve life now and in the future. As part of the Bayer team, you are empowered to find answers to questions addressing the great challenges of our time, and make a tangible impact with your ideas and solutions.
Our passion for making the world a better place is as evident in the environment we provide for our employees as it is in the products we make. Read about our history, the recognition we have received, and how we contribute to society, and you will learn why working at Bayer is such a unique experience.
Bayer’s first priority has been improving our customers’ lives since the day our company began over 150 years ago and that remains our task for the future. Our groundbreaking products and state-of-the-art facilities have their roots in the forward-thinking small business founded by Friedrich Bayer and Johann Friedrich Westkott in 1863. Explore our heritage, and learn about the key milestones that created the company we are today.
Our commitment to the environment, our communities and corporate sustainability often results in recognition from outside organizations.
A few of the awards and recognition Bayer U.S., LLC has received over the past year include:
- Disability:IN Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion 2019 (Disability Equality Index)
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2019- 100%
- Hawaii Business Magazine's Best Places to Work 2019
- DiversityInc Top Companies 2019- Noteworthy List
- Military Friendly® Employer 2019*
- National Association for Female Executives Top Companies 2019*
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2018- 100%
- NGLCC Best of the Best Corporations for Inclusion 2018
- Latina Style 50 Best Companies for Latinas 2018
- Diversity MBA 50 Out Front Best Companies for Women & Diverse Managers 2018
- Global RepTrak World's Most Reputable Companies 2018
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies 2018*
- WBENC Top Corporations for Women-Owned Businesses 2018*
- Reputation Institute's Top 100 Most Reputable Companies 2017
*Monsanto Company, acquired by Bayer in 2018
Our Committment to Society
Our commitment to the environment, our communities and corporate sustainability often results in recognition from outside organizations. Here are examples of some of the recent awards and recognition Bayer has received.
Throughout the world, Bayer is active in a variety of ways in the core fields of education and science, health and social needs, and sports and culture.
With its foundations, the Bayer Group promotes cutting-edge research, talented individuals and innovative educational and social projects. Some of our ongoing activities include:
- The Bayer Science & Education Foundation supports young scientists and renowned researchers across the globe through scientific awards, endowed chairs and research scholarships;
- The collaboration with the Chinese government aimed at promoting advanced training for physicians in rural, medically underserved areas of western China;
- A fund to encourage recreational, disabled, and competitive sports activities in Germany.
The Bayer USA Foundation
Partnering with community leaders and providing philanthropic support have long been a part of Bayer Corporation's culture. In 1953, Bayer created the first of three foundations that later all merged to become the Bayer USA Foundation.
The Bayer USA Foundation is an endowed 501(c)(3) entity with a programmatic focus on education and workforce development, and environment and sustainability.
Its mission is to support programs that enhance the quality of life, provide unique and enriching opportunities that connect diverse groups and ensure preparedness for tomorrow's leaders — thereby, resulting in sustainable partnerships that continually improve communities in which Bayer employees live and work.