Effective Date: December 1, 2019
We know your privacy is important to you, and our aim with this Job Applicant Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) is to help you make informed choices about your personal data. This Privacy Statement describes our practices regarding the personal data that we collect from you in connection with your application for a job.
Why we collect your information
The term “personal data” can have different meanings depending on applicable law. In general, we use the term “personal data” to mean information that can uniquely identify you, but we will treat information we collect from you as personal data wherever necessary under applicable law.
We collect personal data about you for the following reasons:
- To process your job application
- To inform you about other job opportunities, if you choose to be informed about other job opportunities in your country or worldwide
- For our general administrative purposes
- For security purposes, as necessary to help us protect against, identify, or investigate fraud or other criminal activity
- For other legal purposes, if we have a legal obligation, or need to pursue or defend against legal claims, that involves the use of your information
- For communication purposes, to get in touch with you in connection with any of the reasons discussed above
What information we collect about you
Information you provide. We will collect personal data you voluntarily provide to us when you create a candidate profile or upload application documents (e.g., résumé, cover letter), such as:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, alias, phone number, email address, home address)
- Education information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law (e.g., sex/gender, citizenship, race/color/ethnicity, disability, military and veteran status)
Information from other sources. For the purpose of background check reports in connection with any conditional offer of employment with Bayer, and as permitted by applicable law, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as
- Third-party background check providers
- Prior employers
- Your references
- Educational institutions you attended
- Government agencies (e.g., Department of Motor Vehicles, U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
How long we keep your information
In general, we keep your information for as long as we need it to carry out the purposes described above, and as necessary to comply with our records-management policies. We also keep your information as necessary to comply with other legal obligations we might have, such as in connection with litigation.
How we share your information
We may share your information:
- With our affiliates and other companies in which we have an economic interest or ownership rights.
- With others working for us,which includes third parties that perform services on our behalf.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, to other users, or to anyone else; (3) to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- As part of a corporate restructure, such as a liquidation, reorganization, merger, sale of the company, consolidation, change of control, asset or stock acquisition/disposition, or other corporate combination. If that happens, we will use reasonable efforts to make sure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement
How you can control your information
You may review and change any personal data in your account profile and, where applicable, personal account preferences, stored in our system if you believe it may be out of date or incorrect. And where you have provided your consent for us to use your information, you may request to withdraw that consent for future uses of your information. Where applicable, you may log in to your account to update your information or preferences. You may also contact us at the address provided in the Contact us section below.
How we protect your information
We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Although we strive to keep your personal data secure, no security measures are absolute. Use caution when transmitting personal data over the Internet.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do, we will post it on the Site and include the effective date of the update. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our Site and provide other notice as required by law.
Bayer U.S. LLC
U.S. Office of Compliance – Data Privacy
100 Bayer Boulevard
Whippany, NJ 07981