At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Vegetable R&D Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Vegetable Research & Development (R&D) Intern, are to:
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to evaluate various pathways toward the mechanized harvest of pepper;
- Build key relationships in breeding, market development, and sales to gain the necessary background information needed to complete the project;
- Engage growers and processors to understand opportunities and requirements for mechanically harvested peppers;
- Work closely with pepper breeders and enablement teams across the organization to define (and acquire) genetic populations for evaluation;
- Collect observational data and conduct phenotypic and genetic analyses that further our ability to deliver mechanically harvested peppers;
- Utilize resources effectively to deliver desired outcomes by working closely with breeding enablement, testing, and operations throughout the project;
- Work closely with his/her mentor to deliver results at the end of the internship and recommend future steps toward product launch.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently working towards an advanced degree, Master's or Ph.D., in plant breeding, agronomy, horticulture, or related field;
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers and communicating complex approaches or analyses to such teams;
- Ability to conduct genomic statistical analyses such as QTL mapping or Genome-Wide Association Studies;
- Ability to work in field conditions and apply learned knowledge to analytical processes to drive plant breeding decision-making;
- Highly motivated, self-driven, team player;
- Qualify for field work conditions (ability to lift up to 60 lbs) and quality to operate vehicles typically operated by the business.
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
|Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.|
|Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.|
|Location:||United States : California : Woodland|