At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Vegetable R&D Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Vegetable R&D Intern, are to:
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to develop simulation and analytical framework to evaluate different strategies of rapid cycling;
- Work with plant breeders and design scientists to adapt pipeline needs and provide optimization insight for germplasm enhancement workflow;
- Drive data analysis and development of visuals for communication of results to partners across multiple domains and to enable future investment decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. student in Quantitative Genetics, Operation Research, Industrial; Engineering, Data Science, or related field;
- Strong experience with R, Python, or other languages;
- Experience with working in a cross-disciplinary team of researchers and communicating complex approaches or analyses to such teams;
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and team player.
- Ability to work in genetic context and apply knowledge to analytical processes to drive plant breeding decision making;
- Understanding of quantitative genetics and genetic simulation;
- Experience with Amazon Web Service or similar cloud platform.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|