At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Vegetable R&D Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Vegetable Research and Development Intern, are to:
- The intern will work with a cross-disciplinary team to analyze phenotypic data and develop analytical workflows to draw inference on optimal testing strategy via prescriptive phenotyping;
- The intern will work with data scientist and plant breeders to understand breeding/testing objectives and provide data-driven prescriptions on how to design experiments such as RCBD and/or non-RCBD;
- Daily work will consist of coordinating between field testing partners and data science experts to provide protocol refinement in order to generate actionable phenotyping strategies.
- The intern will drive data analysis and development of visuals for communication of results to partners across multiple domains and to enable future investment decisions;
- The intern will work closely with his/her mentor to deliver results as the end of the internship on the results and next steps.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science and be pursuing advanced degree (Master of Science or Ph.D.) in Data Science, Statistics, Breeding, Agronomy, Horticulture, Engineering, or related field;
- Experience with working in a cross-disciplinary team of researchers and communicating complex approaches or analysis to such teams;
- Solid understanding of advanced statistics including mixed effect models, experimental design, exploratory data analysis methods, causal inference and machine learning;
- Strong experience with R, Python, or other languages;
- Highly motivated, self-driven and team player.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : California : Woodland|