At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Varietal TI Genome Design Engineer Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Varietal Traited Genome Design co-op is a member of multi-disciplinary team responsible for leveraging genomic, phenomic, and environmental data to improve genomic models. This project will help deliver on implementation of precision breeding workflows across world regions and pipelines for designing and delivering traited genomes. The AI model and algorithm developed as a part of this project will use genomic and phenotypic data to accelerate and enhance trait integration process by prescribing most optimal families and versions to advance to the next generation of development and testing. Additionally, digitally enabled solutions will be developed to aid in the TI breeding operations.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Varietal TI Genome Design Co-op, are to:
- Have knowledge on Global expansion of genomic prediction models and standardization across crops and world regions;
- Solve connections between operations and genomic information in Soybean and Cotton in a user-friendly interactive UI;
- Solve the challenges of introgression several data layers in a time sensitive prediction model that is tunable to the world region, pipeline, and product;
- Collaborate on projects with partner teams and across world regions (NA, LATAM, EMEA, APAC) and organizations to guide development and implementation of Precision Breeding;
- Support the Health Safety & Environment, Compliance, Business Conduct and Human Rights policies and culture.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- M.S. or Ph.D. Candidate in Software Engineer, Data Science, Genomics, or other relevant scientific field;
- Experience in analysis of large biological datasets, as well as coding experience in C, Fortran, R, Python, SQL or similar software and languages;
- Experience with advanced computational and analytical tools in molecular biology, genetics, and biochemistry is a plus;
- Ability to visualize proposed system and build it.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||689701|
|Functional Area:||General Administration & Corporate Services||Location:||United States : Residence Based : Residence Based|
|Employment Type:||Internship||Position Grade:||M00|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com|