Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Testing Research Associate
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Testing Research Associate, are to:
- Be responsible for planning and executing experimental protocols and performance trials in protected culture and/or open field environments;
- Develop, execute and improve continuously a strategic testing plan in alignment with business objectives and to deliver results;
- Operate research equipment, data collection, data management with internal IT systems and complying with seed stewardship standards;
- Be able to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Execute protocols and trialing plans to generate quality data enabling breeding partners to advance new products based on performance of products and market needs;
- Capture data in Windows and iOS operating systems (desktop computing, iPhones, iPads) and conduct data quality checks to enable timely advancement of vegetable products;
- Leverage metrics and quality control processes to realize accuracy, efficiency and expanded improvements to protocols;
- Adopt innovations in digital phenotyping and provide feedback to automation engineering on new tools and systems;
- Explore innovative technologies/ideas to expand capacity, increase process efficiency and deploy novel technologies in data collection and crop management systems;
- Manage relationships with grower cooperators to ensure timely task completion and data integrity;
- Perform tasks to ensure compliance with Bayer policies and quality standard, including safeguarding of equipment daily use logs, calibration and maintenance;
- Help develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement through workstream evaluation, idea sharing, innovation and technology adoption;
- Collaborate closely with scientists and key partners to ensure appropriate data package delivery and that the data is stored in appropriate company-approved databases;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak seasons (including nontraditional day-time hours with the potential of overnight travel);
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience or Master’s degree with at least two years of experience;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or vegetable crops production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated abilities to develop project plans, analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment;
- Manages multiple projects and priorities;
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to effectively achieve business results;
- Capacity to communicate and work effectively with all management levels in a multi-cultural organization;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Up to 50% local travel and up to 25% overnight travel during peak seasons;
- Valid Driver’s License; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Preferred area of studies to include: Horticulture, Agronomy or related field;
- Experience in a greenhouse environment;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
Domestic relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.|
|Location:||United States : Idaho : Payette|