Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Technical Agronomist III - Stone Seed (Northern 1/2 of Illinois)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Technical Agronomist III - Stone Seed (Northern 1/2 of Illinois), are to:
- Plan and Execute field scale testing programs, programs include field testing of commercial Bayer seed products and Ground Breaker trials for new product launches from all platforms;
- Collaborate with Seed Dealers/growers to plant trials, collect required data, maintain and harvest trials;
- Work with Bayer sales team to achieve local business objectives through technical support, consultation and training;
- Provide seed dealer support provided strategically based on business priorities;
- Establish and execute effective communication and training strategies with Seed Dealers;
- Communicate agronomic positioning and benefits of seed and trait products and the benefits and uses of crop protection products;
- Develop and instill confidence in product recommendations and Tailored Solutions;
- Create annual Agronomy Business Plan for communication/alignment with Sales Team with strategies and prioritized activities to achieve business objectives;
- Analyze the area impact on business results for the Sales Team;
- Plan and execute tactics to support identified business strategies and objectives;
- Actively participate in local portfolio management and future year forecasting;
- Assume Sales Team and/or Agronomy Team project leadership role(s);
- Build presence and credibility with key growers, seed dealers, crop consultants and other key third party stakeholders;
- Demonstrate breadth of perspective and business acumen Compliance with Bayer safety and vehicle safety policies;
- Recommend and initiate new projects;
- Deliver high quality work, exercise good judgement and make independent decisions without immediate supervision;
- Provide some constructive, solution-based input and contribute ideas to achieve organization goals;
- Perform product stewardship and use recommendations for the local territory;Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 7,500 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered with this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of experience or Master’s degree with at least four years of experience or Ph.D. degree in agriculture or related discipline with at least three years of experience in agronomy, sales, field development or Research and Development related roles, degree must be completed by start date.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs (a bag of seed);
Valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.) and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 468621
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional