Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Technical Agronomist II - National Brands (East/Central Iowa)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Technical Agronomist II - National Brands (East/Central Iowa), are to:
- Plan and execute field scale testing programs, they include field testing of commercial Bayer seed products and ground breaker trials for new product launches from all platforms;
- Collaborate with seed dealers/growers to plant trials, collect data, maintain and harvest trials;
- Bring technical support and training for seed dealers and Bayer sales team;
- Work with Bayer sales team to achieve local business objectives through technical support, consultation and training;
- Be a seed dealer support provided strategically based on business priorities;
- Provide technical information for seed, trait and chemistry products;
- Communicate agronomic positioning and benefits of seed and trait products and the benefits and uses of crop protection products;
- Bring sales and business support;
- Create annual agronomy business plan for communication/ alignment with sales team with strategies and prioritized activities to achieve business objectives;
- Work on local impact on business results for assigned team of field sales representatives;
- Build profile as technical expert in territory;
- Build presence and credibility with key growers, seed dealers, crop consultants and other key third party stakeholders;
- Establish personal development goals based on stakeholder feedback;
- Work on compliance with Bayer safety and vehicle safety policies;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 7,500 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
The East/Central Iowa territory includes the surrounding areas in Iowa: Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Marshalltown, and Iowa City. The successful candidate will be residence based within this territory. Domestic relocation assistance may be offered with this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S with at least five years of experience or M.S. with at least two years of experience or PH.D. degree in agriculture or related discipline with at least one year of experience (all of the experiences in agronomy, sales, field development or Research and Development (R&D) related roles) (the degree have to be completed by start date).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 464544
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional