Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Superintendent Manufacturing, are to:
- Provide technical and non-technical leadership and supervision to all aspects of the manufacturing and/or packaging process;
- Manage technical interface and production issues in support of the Department goals and objectives;
- Serve as manufacturing technical liaison with various staff groups (i.e. Quality Assurance, Engineering, Product Development, and Process Technology);
- Supervise multi-skilled personnel as assigned, to ensure that performance meets established safety, quality/Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), quantity and cost standards;
- Manage operations within budgetary and headcount commitments;
- Make recommendations according to the business operating climate;
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory practices;
- Review cost reduction programs with respect to waste and other inefficiencies. Evaluate equipment needs and methods changes;
- Be responsible for recommending operational procedural changes;
- Work with staff groups, such as Process Technology, Quality Assurance, Engineering/Maintenance, and Production Planning and Inventory Control, and Human Resources to maximize efficiency, performance, and ensure or improve product quality;
- Manage, coordinate and directly supervise non-exempt production resources;
- Supervise supervision/staff to support budget and goals;
- Work in a team-oriented environment with other Supervisors;
- Mentor less experienced supervisors and peers in supervisory and/or technical skills and knowledge.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight years of production and supervisory experience in a government regulated industry or Master of Science degree with at least six years’ experience as noted above or Ph.D. with at least four years of experience as noted above;
- Formal academic training must be related to the techniques used in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Knowledge of production procedures in a GMP environment;
- Working knowledge of packaging / solid dosage and liquid manufacturing operations for assigned area;
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing procedures and processes gained from direct manufacturing experience;
- Knowledge of operating within budgetary constraints;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with ll levels of personnel (i.e. non-exempt production, site management, etc.) in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict in a positive manner utilizing appropriate interpersonal skills;
- Provide constructive feedback to direct reports;
- Advanced leadership skills are required to effectively integrate the activities in new production processes;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Engineering or Science degree;
- Experience in FDA, pharmaceutical industry.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.|
|Location:||United States : Pennsylvania : Myerstown|