At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Statistical Scientist Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Statistical Scientist Co-op are to:
- Explore data analysis and Q Cing of large volumes of relevant weather, soil, management, and product performance data from various platforms (field, controlled environment, lab) using appropriate statistical and data science techniques;
- Develop and validate models for selecting representative testing locations for developing biological product portfolios;
- Use advanced statistical methodologies/models and machine learning approaches to understand and predict how complex microbial x environment and management practices (MEM) interaction effects impact the performance and stability of key biological products in the pipeline;
- Summarize and present findings to stakeholders and write reports documenting the work and codes;
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to deliver project objectives
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or a Ph.D. program pursuing a degree in Statistics, Data Science, or a related field;
- Experience and knowledge in applying advanced statistical modeling approaches such as generalized linear mixed models, multivariate statistics, experimental design concepts, etc;
- Gain insights from large and diverse data sets;
- Applied knowledge of machine learning algorithms and methodologies to develop predictive models to drive insights and decisions
- Demonstrated computational skills and strong proficiency in programming languages such as R, SQL, and or python and any visualization packages (R-Shiny, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.); experience in using cloud-based technologies/platforms (Data warehouse, Domino, GitHub, etc.,);
- Strong results orientation and taking initiatives to address opportunities to deliver stakeholder needs;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in agricultural research.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||672441|
|Functional Area:||General Administration & Corporate Services||Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|
|Employment Type:||Internship||Position Grade:||M00|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com|