Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Staff Software Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Software Engineer, are to:
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support applications;
- Work with team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job;
- Contribute to solving organization-wide problems including shared platforms, libraries, and frameworks;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with development team, product management, and delivery;
- Champion code quality including unit and integration testing;
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features;
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve own knowledge and skills and those of more junior engineers;
- Identify opportunities to develop new and better solutions;
- Anticipate and address technical and organizational obstacles affecting own team and teams within the domain platform;
- Provide guidance for technical design and architecture decisions within and across teams;
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies;
- Mentor other people and teams on technologies, techniques or standards across the organization;
- Build relationships with key members of partner teams.
Visa Sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field with at least eight years of experience or Master’s degree with at least six years of experience or Ph.D. with at least four years of experience;
- At least three years designing cloud-based software solutions;
- Experience in solving challenging technical problems in at least two areas like single page web application development, Unix/Linux environment management, cloud based continuous delivery and environment management, mobile application development, micro-service design and development, large and distributed system development, software security and/or processing and analyzing large data sets;
- Practical experience and understanding of industry practices, engineering principles, concepts, and standards;
- Expertise in at least one technology or facet of product development (research, design, programming, testing);
- Demonstrates capable business insight, strategic mindset, cultivates innovation, drives vision and purpose, and attracts and develops talent leadership competencies and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrates strong manages ambiguity leadership competency and written and verbal communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 290927
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional