Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Staff Data Steward
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Data Stew, are to:
- Drive and lead the operational Data management, curation and stewardship in support of operational Vegetable Research and Development (R&D) workflows, Pipeline Lifecycle, Experiments and Trails for all Nursery and Field workflows;
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to Information Technology (IT) solutions through partnering with IT and business stakeholders;
- Identify gaps in requirements and recommend updates and changes to requirements based on business subject matter domain expertise;
- Implement and utilize data solutions for data analysis and profiling using a variety of tools such as Postman, R or Python and following team’s established processes and methodologies;
- Partner with Global Data Steward Lead to continue development of tools to proactively catch data anomalies and communicate to app and data owners;
- Lead Open Data efforts, making data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) to strengthen Bayer Crop Science's effectiveness in carrying out its mission;
- Develop and lead trainings and discussions to evangelize these frameworks and objectives - Governance, Data Quality, Data Wrangling and Best Practices;
- Collaborate with other data stewards and engineers within the team and across teams, align delivery dates, integration efforts curate central data applications and documentation;
- Define data quality rules and implement automated calculations, monitoring, reporting, and remediation solutions;
- Utilize root cause analysis to identify trends and assess impact of data quality issues, partner with regional stakeholder teams to correct data issues and workflows;
- Project Management and platform deployment of key IT data and software solutions within the experiments and trials space, supporting all workflows delivering data to advance products within Vegetable R&D;
- Develop scripts that automatically correct data issues or fix them manually to meet global germplasm development and advancement needs;
- Support data migration from legacy systems, data inserts and updates not supported by applications.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Agriculture or other related field with nine years of experience, or Master’s degree with seven years of experience, or a Ph.D. with one year of experience in pedigree, inventory, field, and nursery data structures;
- Experience querying SQL and/or NoSQL databases and basic experience using APIs;
- Experience manipulating, correcting, and updating data using scripting languages and/or data processing software (e.g. Python, R, Pipeline Pilot, ETL applications);
- Experience profiling data, summarizing, and reporting data quality metrics;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation to stakeholders;
- Experience participating in the build and support of APIs using resource-based design principles;
- Superficial experience with modern engineering technologies and data principles, for instance, Big Data Cloud Compute, NoSQL, etc.;
- Demonstrated critical in-depth domain knowledge that provides insight and authority to working groups;
- Experience participating in the build and support of APIs;
- Understanding of agile development, continuous deployment, DevOps, and decision science – AI, ML, OR, etc.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|