Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Sr Software Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Software Engineer, are to:
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support applications;
- Work with team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job;
- Contribute consistently to solving common problems including shared libraries and frameworks;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with development team, product management, and delivery;
- Have a champion code quality including unit and integration testing;
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features;
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve own knowledge and skills and those of more junior engineers;
- Help to shape the vision for their own team's products and those of related teams, taking into account impacts, dependencies, and opportunities to collaborate with other teams and groups;
- Identify opportunities to develop new and better solutions;
- Anticipate and address technical obstacles affecting own team and related teams;
- Provide guidance for technical design and architecture decisions within the team;
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies;
- Mentor other people and teams on technologies, techniques or standards across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- At least five years (Master’s degree with at least three years of experience or Ph.D. with at least one year of experience) of experience in solving challenging technical problems in two or more of the following areas such as single page web application development, unix/linux environment management, cloud based continuous delivery and environment management, mobile application development, micro-service design and development, large, distributed system development, software security and processing and analyzing large data sets;
- At least three years of designing cloud-based software solutions or certification equivalent;
- Practical experience and knowledge of industry practices;
- Expertise in at least one technology or facet of product development (research, design, programming, and testing);
- Demonstrates developing cultivates innovation leadership competency;
- Demonstrates capable manages ambiguity leadership competency;
- Demonstrates strong courage leadership competency and written and verbal communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 308766
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional