Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Software Engineering Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer Intern, are to:
- Explore new technologies and collaborate closely with team members and partners within the business;
- Explore Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI);
- Contribute to positive team culture and work ethos based on Bayer LIFE values;
- Support the Health, Safety, and Environment, Compliance, Business Conduct, and Human Rights policies and culture.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Be registered and currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Computer Science or Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign;
- Experience with computer vision and marker tracking;
- Experience creating performant APIs;
- Database experience with both relational database management systems;
- Proficient with GitHub and understanding the benefits of source control;
- Experience creating and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience creating data visualizations
- Proficient with several aspects of the software development process (planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support);
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester;
- Able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer.
- Experience building scripts OR games within Unity environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 468965
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student