Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Software Engineering Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer Co-op, are to:
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support highly scalable back and front end software systems that integrate field testing and sensing systems into our business Information Technology (IT) systems and drive data driven decisions;
- Work with team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job;
- Contribute consistently to solving common problems including shared libraries and frameworks;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with development team, product management and delivery;
- Champion code quality including unit and integration testing;
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features;
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve own knowledge and skills and those of team members;
- Help to shape the vision for their own team's products and those of related teams, taking into account impacts, dependencies and opportunities to collaborate with other teams and groups;
- Identify opportunities to develop new and better solutions;
- Anticipate and address technical obstacles affecting own team and related teams;
- Participate actively in technical design and architecture decisions within the team;
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies;
- Mentor other people and teams on technologies, techniques or standards across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM program and an interest in Multi page web application development, Cloud based continuous delivery and environment management, micro-service design and development, large, distributed system development, software security and development/integration with modern analytics stacks including BI and data warehousing;
- Experience developing in the AWS ecosystem and practical experience with Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, IAM, RDS;
- Practical experience and knowledge of software development best practices;
- Demonstrable technical leadership;
- Demonstrable ability to manage ambiguity;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 445334
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student