Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Software Engineer I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an entry Software Engineer, you will join a comprehensive onboarding and mentorship program to help build technical and professional skills. The program is an exciting opportunity that will help accelerate your career by providing specialized training, mentoring, coaching and feedback. You will be exposed to agile software development, working with other software engineers to solve complex problems using the latest tools and technologies. You will report to a development manager and work directly with your mentor on a daily basis. You will have access to our community of expert software engineers with a broad range of skills and experience.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer I, are to:
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and support applications;
- Work with team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services using the right tool for the job;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications with the help of other team members;
- Learn code quality practices, including performing unit and integration testing;
- Assist in developing any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Gain understanding of the business operations and functions for the product(s) owned within the team;
- Seek opportunities to discover new and better solutions;
- Effectively communicate within team, direct people leader, and product manager;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-improvement of technical and non-technical skills.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or STEM program by the time of hiring;
- Demonstrate capable written and verbal communications skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 478203
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional