Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Software Developer Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an entry Software Engineer Co-Op, you will join a comprehensive onboarding and mentorship program to help build technical and professional skills. The program is an exciting opportunity that will help accelerate your career by providing specialized training, mentoring, coaching and feedback. You will be exposed to agile software development, working with other software engineers to solve complex problems using the latest tools and technologies. You will report to a development manager and work directly with your mentor on a daily basis. You will have access to our community of expert software engineers with a broad range of skills and experience
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Developer Co-op, are to:
- Collaborate daily with a team of Software Developers, Product Manager, Product Specialists, and Agile Coach to build and support applications;
- Work with team and Product Manager to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services for projects owned by the team using the latest tools and technologies;
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with development team, release team and Product Management;
- Perform unit and integration testing;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features;
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Gain understanding of the business operations and functions for the Product(s) owned within the team;
- Seek opportunities to discover new and better solutions;
- Effectively communicate within team, with direct lead and Product Manager;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-improvement of technical and non-technical skills;
- Take the initiative to do what needs to be done without being asked.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree program, with a standing of Junior or above, in any of the following, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field;
- Upon completion of the co-op term, student must return to school to complete studies;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 478165
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student