Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Small Molecules US Digital Ops Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Small Molecules U.S. Digital Ops Lead, are to:
- Drive the digitalization and automation of the U.S. SMol functions contributing to its digital transformation and strategies thereof;
- Engage in both data and technical automation opportunities to drive efficiency and effectiveness of teams;
- Provide a centralized function across digital teams in SMOL, involving liaison role with SMOL digital leads, CLS-DSE team, PBT and central/local Information Technology (IT) function;
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of computerized systems including those requiring GLP validation and documentation, data management within US SMol functions including oversight of internal and external IT service providers and consultants;
- Be responsible for interfacing with other US St. Louis sites’ functional R&D digital ops leads and IT to develop and implement site-wide functional PC connectivity strategies;
- Liaison to interface within SMOL Digital leads, IT functions and automation teams in CLS, EMEX and PBT;
- Be responsible to ensure that computerized systems and data structure within SMol-US and site-related cross-functional IT solutions are developed, validated, operated, and maintained in ways which are compliant with all applicable regulations (including current GLP principles where applicable) and in accordance with Bayer IT guidelines;
- Identify System Users and specify their role including access rights;
- Be a mentor of SMol US teams to improve digital acumen, conceptual planning and steering of IT and automation projects at the interface of the expert departments more broadly within Bayer (i.e., analytical, FT, IT, EMEX) and external providers of instrument control and lab information/data management systems;
- Interact routinely with laboratory teams to creatively solve problems and continuously improve processes;
- Apply state-of-the-art domain expertise to solve complex lab IT infrastructure issues;
- Work with partners and stakeholders to collaborate and develop strategies across teams;
- Align personal activities to team and organization goals.
Domestic Relocation and visa sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with minimum of four years of relevant experience;
- Master of Science with minimum of eight years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor of Science with minimum of ten years relevant of experience;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills related to maintaining PCs connected to laboratory instruments and a demonstrated ability to set up and manage networks, or act as a system administrator;
- Basic knowledge of Analytical, Physical Chem and Bioanalytical sciences and techniques;
- Good understanding of R&D workflows;
- In-depth understanding of IT processes and IT security knowledge;
- Familiar with SQL (Oracle, SQL Server), Windows Server, and Reporting tools (e.g. Jasper Reports) and Lab automation experience;
- Able to communicate effectively to convey complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner to diverse teams within and across organizations;
- Ability and willingness to provide vision, direction and purpose for the digitalization in R&D environment.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield || United States : Missouri : St. Louis|