Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Shipping Specialist, are to:
- Plan shipments and assign carriers to outbound and return customer deliveries to achieve service level agreements, have a high level of customer service and management of cost within budget;
- Plan and execute continuous move shipments combining customer deliveries and stock transfers to manage cost and reduce the number of empty miles paid;
- Award business to carriers consistent with the brand specific routing guide and considering performance factors such as safety, customer satisfaction and compliance;
- Respond timely to customer feedback and engage other parties to resolve issues as appropriate to the situation;
- Understand the total cost of delivery for the assigned brand(s) and the impact of your decisions on that cost;
- Proactively develop and recommend process improvements in support of organizational strategy and goals;
- Assist and/or lead training related to transportation processes and brand specific expectations with carriers and other third-party business partners;
- Ensure proof of delivery is received for all deliveries and follow up on short/damaged shipments.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least two years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of IT systems and tools including SAP, TMS and Salesforce;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Customer focus, drives results, collaborates, instills trust, manages complexity and agility.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Agriculture, Business or related field;
- Domain knowledge in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Logistics.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 182282
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
Entry Level : Professional